Some Morris Online Learning courses include a proctored (supervised) final exam and one or more proctored midcourse exams. If your course has proctored exams, you will need to arrange for a volunteer proctor or use Morris Online Learning Proctoring (listed below) to take your exams.
The following Online Learning courses require one or more proctored (supervised, closed book) exams:
- CHEM 1006 The Chemical World
- CHEM 2301 Organic Chemistry
- ECON 1111 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 1112 Principles of Macroeconomics
- GEOG 2001 Problems in Geography
- IS 1041 Health Sciences Terminology
- MGMT 2101 Principles of Accounting I
- PSY 1051 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 2411 Introduction to Life Span Developmental Psychology
- PSY 3313 Psychopathology
- STAT 3601 Data Analysis
You must complete and submit the online Proctor Identification form to identify your proctor(s) by the end of the first week your course begins.
TO TAKE YOUR EXAM ON CAMPUS (MORRIS CAMPUS)
- Complete the Proctor Identification form.
- Check your University-assigned email for scheduled exam times. The Online Learning Coordinator will schedule group times for the exam.
- Make arrangements for an alternate time, if necessary. If you are not able to take your exam during one of the scheduled group times, you must contact Online Learning before your exam to arrange a specific time within the date range set by your instructor.Proctored exams on the Morris campus are not offered on a “walk-in” basis.
- Take your exam. Present a photo ID such as a University of Minnesota student ID or driver’s license.
TO TAKE YOUR EXAM OFF CAMPUS
- Find an off-campus proctor. The Morris Online Learning program reserves the right to reject any proctor. No friend, relative, co-worker, or work supervisor may proctor an examination. Proctored exams may not be taken at the student's home or proctor's home. No proctor fees are authorized.
The following individuals may proctor exams:
- A high school superintendent, principal, or counselor; not a classroom teacher
- A clergy member
- A faculty member (not teaching assistants) or administrator of an accredited university or college
- A head librarian
- A commissioned officer whose rank is higher than your own (for students in the military)
- A corporate education director
- Selected offices at University of Minnesota campuses (see below)
- Any Online/Distance Learning department of any member institution of the University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- Any test center that is a member of the National College Testing Association. Search for an NCTA test center online »
You will only need to identify a proctor once, unless you need to change proctors. If you are registered for more than one online course requiring a proctored exam, please complete a separate form for each course.
- Contact your proctor to request services and get contact information. You must contact the individual who will proctor your exam before sending the Proctor Identification form to the Morris Online Learning program. Examinations are mailed directly to the proctor at his or her business location (a password is emailed to the proctor if the exam is taken online). Exams must be taken within the date range specified. You also need to contact the proctor to schedule the allowed block of time to take each exam.
- Complete the Proctor Identification form. We need the proctor’s first and last name, title, business mailing address, business email address, and daytime phone number.
- Contact your proctor to schedule the allowed block of time to take each exam.
- Take your exam. You must present a photo ID such as a University of Minnesota student ID or driver’s license, etc., in order to take an exam. In the case of paper and pencil exams, be sure the exam is labeled with your name and the date it was administered. Paper and pencil exams must be returned by your proctor. Your proctor will receive a stamped, addressed envelope for mailing the completed paper and pencil exams to:
ADDITIONAL PROCTOR OPTIONS
The following offices may also proctor Online Learning exams. Selected Offices at University of Minnesota campuses by appointment only.
Twin Cities (St. Paul Campus)
College of Continuing Education Exam Center (paper and pencil exams only)
Online and Distance Learning
20 Ruttan Hall (formerly Classroom Office Building)
1994 Buford Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Phone:612-624-4000 or 800-234-6564
258 Kirby Student Center
1120 Kirby Drive
Duluth, MN 55812
MapCareer Services (paper and pencil exams only)
Solon Campus Center (SCC)
1117 University Drive
Duluth, MN 55812
Contact Pam Merzwiki